If you are in the market for a new wire stripper, you may be wondering which one is the best. Wire strippers come in a variety of sizes, shapes, and styles. Some are manual and some are automatic. There are also different types of jaws for different types of wires. So, how do you choose the best wire stripper for your needs? In this blog post, we will give you some tips on how to select the best wire stripper for your needs.
Best wire stripper : A complete buying guide
When it comes to stripping wires, there are a few different types of strippers on the market. Choosing the best wire stripper can be confusing, but we’ve put together a buyer’s guide to help you choose the perfect stripper for your needs. The first thing you need to decide is what type of wire you need to strip. There are three main types of wire: copper, aluminum, and steel.
Copper is the most common type of wire, and it can be stripped with just about any type of stripper. Aluminum and steel are harder to strip, but they can still be done with some careful use of a stripper. Once you know what type of wire you need to strip, the next step is to choose a stripper. There are a variety of different types of strippers on the market, and each one has its own advantages and disadvantages.
What is wire stripper?
Wire stripper is a tool used to strip the insulation off of electrical wires. It is made up of a pair of metal blades that cut through the insulation and the wire itself.
Why should you buy a good wire stripper?
If you’re in the market for a good wire stripper, there are a few things to consider. First and foremost, a good stripper will strip the insulation off of wire without damaging the metal itself. This is important because it’ll ensure that your wiring is safe to use and that any potential problems with the wiring can be addressed early on. Second, make sure that the stripper has multiple cutting edges so that it can handle tougher wires.
Different types of wire stripper
There are a few different types of wire strippers, each with its own benefits. Here are three of the most common: The basic stripper: This is probably the simplest type of stripper and uses a blade to cut the insulation off the wire. It’s good for stripping small pieces of wire or thin wires. The cross-stripping stripper: This type of stripper has two blades that work together to strip the insulation off the wire. It’s good for thicker wires or wires with a lot of insulation. The crimping stripper: This type of stripper has a special crimping tool that can be used to strip the insulation off the wire.
Features to consider when buying a wire stripper
When it comes to stripping wires, there are a few features you’ll want to keep in mind. Here are some of the key factors: 1. Size – Make sure the stripper can handle the thickness of your wire. 2. Speed – The faster the stripper can strip the wire, the less time you’ll spend fiddling with it. 3.
How to choose the right wire stripper?
There are a few things to consider when choosing the right wire stripper. The size of the wire, the type of material, and the number of wires required will all determine which stripper is best for the job. The size of the wire can be important if the stripper is going to be used on large or thick wires. A small stripper may not be able to handle these thicker wires. The type of material can also affect which stripper is needed. Strippers made for plastic, metal, and other hard materials work better than those designed for softer materials like insulation or cable. The number of wires required will also determine which stripper is needed. If only one or two wires are needed, a small strip cutter may be enough.
Do you need a wire stripper & Why?
Wire strippers are tools used to strip wires. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes, but all have a common goal: to remove insulation from wire without damaging the wire itself. Wire strippers can be classified by the type of wire they work on: -Strippers for plastic cables (e.g. power cords, phone chargers) work best on thin stranded wires with minimal insulation (usually no more than 0.2 mm).
Stripping these wires can be done with little risk of causing damage. -For heavier gauge wires, strippers designed for metal can be used. These strippers can handle thicker insulation, but care must be taken not to damage the wire itself. Metal strippers can also be used on other types of wires (e.g.
10 Best Wire Stripper in Canada (2022) [Expert Picks]
Do you need to strip the wires on a project, but don’t have the right tool? The Strip Wire Stripper is here to help! This simple tool has an adjustable stoper, so you can control the length of the wire core. It also has a self-adjusting mechanism, so it can strip wire from 10-24 AWG. Plus, with its crimping and stripping capabilities, it’s perfect for tasks like stripping insulation off of wires or terminals.
- ADJUSTABLE STOPPER: Control the length of the core strip with the built-in adjustable stopper
- SELF-ADJUSTING: Strip wire from 10 to 24 AWG with our self-adjusting mechanism
- Jaw Width: 2 inches
- CRIMPING: Crimp 10-22 AWG insulated, 10-22 AWG non-insulated, and 7-9mm ignition terminals
- STRIPPING: Strip wire from 10-24 AWG while swivel knob micro-adjusts to strip gauges smaller than 20 AWG
This tool is perfect for the Spring season. The soft handles make it easy to grip, and the cutter jaws and plier nose make it easy to cut and crimp cables.
- Spring return
- Soft handles
- Cutter jaws
- Plier nose
The Grip stripping tool is designed for a single action squeezing motion to grip and strip insulation from wire. The precision machined stripping holes easily remove the jacket insulation without damaging the wire. The tension loaded wire-grip gently holds the wire in place while retaining the cable geometry. Remove up to 1-Inch (24 mm) in length of the insulation layer (jacket layer) in a single step. The recoil spring design returns the tool to ready position upon cycle completion.
- Compound action wire stripping: grip and strip via single action squeezing motion
- Precision machined stripping holes easily remove jacket insulation without damaging the wire
- Tension loaded wire-grip gently holds the wire in place while retaining the cable geometry
- Remove up to 1-Inch (24 mm) in length of the insulation layer (jacket layer) in a single step
- Recoil spring design returns tool to ready position upon cycle completion
The Pliers style nose allows wire stripper to pull and loop in wire. It has self-adjusting stripper strips wire from 10-24 AWG. The fast, easy stripping with soft-grip handles leaves perfect lead thread. It also crimps insulated and non-insulated terminals. The Bolt cutter cuts bolts to size and leaves perfect lead thread.
- Pliers style nose allows wire stripper to pull and loop in wire
- Self-adjusting stripper strips wire from 10-24 AWG
- Fast, easy stripping with soft-grip handles
- Crimps insulated and non-insulated terminals, and Bolt cutter cuts bolts to size and leaves perfect lead thread
- If you are not satisfied with your purchase within 18-month, return it for a full refund of your purchase price
- Our Worry-Free 18-Month Warranty and Toll-Free Tech Support, and friendly customer service
This Coil Spring Wire Stripper is perfect for quickly and easily stripping wire. The precision-ground stripping holes provide fast self-opening action, while the screw-shearing holes make it easy to cut through solid or stranded wire. The strong-gripping serrated nose makes it easy to bend, shape and pull wire, while the precision shear-type blades help cleanly cut through wire. The curved handles make it easy to reach into confined areas, and the wire looping and bending holes make it easy to bend and shape wires.
- Coil spring provides fast self-opening action; precision-ground stripping holes
- Screw-shearing holes
- Strong-gripping serrated nose; for easy bending, shaping and pulling of wire
- Precision shear-type blades for clean cuts on solid and stranded copper wire; easy-to-read markings on both sides
- Curved handles help reach into confined areas; wire looping and bending holes
The Stripping Hole is the perfect tool for removing insulation from wires. The machined holes are precise, and the striping action is fast and compound. The tension loaded wire grip makes it easy to work with 22-8 AWG wires.
- Stripping holes are machined precisely to remove insulation without damage
- Convenient recoiling spring design and tension loaded wire grip
- Fast compound wire stripping action
- Use the precise setting you wish to strip from 22-8 AWG wires with ease
- Made with cast alloy chassis
This is a handy tool for cutting and shaping materials. The soft handles make it comfortable to hold, and the spring return ensures that your grip is firm even when the tool is in use. The plier nose makes it easy to grip materials and the cutter jaws make quick work of fine cuts.
- Soft handles
- Spring return
- Plier nose
- Cutter jaws
The Dark Blue Non-Slip PVC handle, cutting pliers black treatment, corrosion resistant, will not rust is perfect for coil making, 3D printer supplies, component pins, jewelry making, plastic burrs, leather, soft metals up to 1.6 mm and iron wires up to 0.8 mm. The ergonomically designed handle makes it convenient to use and the cutting pliers are sharp and durable.
- Application: Used in coil making, 3D printer supplies, component pins, jewelry making, plastic burrs, leather, soft metals up to 1.6 mm and iron wires up to 0.8 mm, not for steel wires
- Sharp cutting pliers: The use of hardened stainless steel material and high temperature forging, make the cutting pliers sharp and durable
- It can cut the object from different angles
- Service:If you have any questions, please contact us, we will serve you
- Features: Compact design, light weight, hardened stainless steel material, strong
- Ergonomically designed handle, spring returns tool to open position, making it convenient to use
- Appearance: Dark blue non-slip PVC handle, cutting pliers black treatment, corrosion resistant, will not rust
The Stripping + Tangent + Crimping pliers are perfect for stripping and crimping wire. The self-adjusting jaws make it easy to strip wires of any size, and the micro-adjusting swivel knob makes it easy to strip wires smaller than 24AWG. The small, comfortable PVC handle is durable and green, making it ideal for use in the eco-friendly world.
- Careful craftsmanship, convenient and durable Surface electrophoresis process, cold rolled steel stamping tongs, heat treatment of crimped joints, surface spray treatment
- Thumb wheel micro adjusting swivel knob to strip wire smaller than 24 AWG
- Strippers will not damage the metal part of the electrical wire.
- Self-adjusting Cable CutterSelf-adjusting jaws ideal for copper and aluminum cables from 10-24AWG (0.2-6MM2)
- The pliers handle is small and effortless PVC material handle, pliers handle is made of PVC material, absolutely green and wear-resistant, comfortable grip
- Warranty and guaranteeWe provide 30 days worry free refund, 180 days replacement, 24 hours customer friendly service.
- Simple and fast, convenient and practical Stripping + tangent + crimping After stripping the wire, the wire end can be cut, and then the terminal is pressed.
The Erogonomic Design Double Plastic Wire Cutter is a small and precise wire cutter made of high quality carbon steel. It has a sharp head that can easily cut through various materials, including carton, plastic, and metal. The comfortable rubber grips make it easy to grip and control, making it perfect for precision work.
- Rubber Comfort Grips for superior grip and precision
- [Handle Erogonomic Design]Double plastic package, long time use more provincepower
- [Size]overall length:6.5 in,Edge length:0.9 in,Handle length:4.3 in Maximum handle width:4.9 inThis is a small wire cutter , please read the size clearly before deciding whether to buy,thank you!
- [Multi-Functios ]The cutting edge is sharp, can be cut carton, plastic, a nargin, electric wire, copper wire, iron wire headpins, eye pins, small chain, tiger tail, cords etc.
- [High quality carbon steel]Our wire cutters are made of the mixture of Chromium Vanadium and high quality carbon steel forging, the jaw has been treated by high frequency quenching , they have high shearing force, good antirust effect and durability,and both sides have been polished.
- [Tip]The head of this product is sharp
- You should also pay attention to safety when using it
- Please keep it out of the reach of children to avoid accidental injury
Best wire stripper brands
Searching for the Best Wire Stripper
Looking for the perfect wire stripper for your needs? Whether you need to strip wires for a DIY project or need to replace a wire in an electronic device, we’ve compiled a list of the 10 best wire strippers in Canada in 2022. 1. Hakko 936-01 Wire Stripper This Hakko wire stripper is a great option for those who want an easy to use and reliable stripper. It has a tough stripping wheel that can handle even the toughest wires, and it also comes with a built-in guard that prevents accidental cuts. 2.
Stanley JB401 Wire Stripper This Stanley wire stripper is ideal for those who want an affordable option that still offers quality performance. It features a durable stripping wheel that can handle even the toughest wires, and it also comes with a built-in guard to prevent accidental cuts. 3.
Wera 8310 Wire Stripper This Wera stripper is perfect for those who are looking for an accurate and reliable wire stripper. It features a precision stripping wheel that can handle even the most stubborn wires, and it also comes with a built-in guard to prevent accidental cuts. 4.